Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bar Cart

Perhaps it is because I just recently started watching Mad Men, but I have been thinking that my home is missing a bar cart.  It just seems like a glam, vintage thing to have.  I actually am not much of a drinker, but I do like glassware and cocktail accessories.  Vintage barware is an inexpensive and easy thing to find and collect at thrift stores and flea markets.



Here are a few great inspiration photos...
Tied with a Bouw
bar cart
Splendid Willow
(via HR_PhLinusHallsenius_05.jpg (JPEG Image, 430x613 pixels))
The Glitter Guide
Here is the cart I purchased recently.  It is bright red, metal, and vintage.  I scored it for $15 at the flea market.  It has a little rust, but that has never stopped me.




4 comments:

  1. Okay you have read my mind! My parents have a very similar cart in their laundry room that's like a billion years old that they keep their laundry detergent and supplies on. I have had my eye on it to steal and make some fantastic color and give it a new use. Now I am convinced that I need to do this! Your turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I am usually not a proponent of stealing, in this case I think it is the right choice :) I'm sure your parents would love to see it given a new life!

      Delete
  2. Visiting form MMS. How cute! I have been looking for one of these to use as a printer stand. Looks terrific in your space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you find one for yourself soon!

      Delete