Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Curtain Makeover

Finding pre-made curtains I like is a challenge.  They are either very expensive, or basic and boring.  Fortunately, making your own curtains is really very easy, and provides many more options.  Using iron-on hem tape and clip-on curtain rings make DIYing curtains possible even if you don't sew.  Here are 4 fabric options I am considering for a little curtain makeover in my living room.  The color palette of the room is shown below.  The other colors are currently more prominent in the space, so I would really like to emphasis the gray and yellow.  I also want a little pattern on my windows, (obviously, right!). Making a bolder choice here isn't scary, because I know the impact it will have.  Also curtains aren't permanent, and can be easily changed when you grow tired of them. 

     1, 2 3,  4

So what do you think?  Do you have a favorite fabric?

No comments:

Post a Comment