Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Missing Piece

Thanks for taking a little break from food prepping and table setting to catch up!  I wanted to share a quick little art update that I made this weekend to my picture collage wall.  You can read about creating the wall here.  I had bought 2 wooden state puzzle pieces at one of my favorite vintage stores, just because they were so sentimental and sweet.  See I grew-up in Illinois, and got married in Indiana.  So when I saw these little guys, I had to have them.  




I decided to frame them in an Ikea shadow-box frame, that I already had.  I just hot glued the pieces to a brown paper bag, cut to size for the background.  It was so easy, and cheap....but I really adore it.  This would be a great project for a kid's room as well.  It is easy to find vintage wooden puzzles at thrift stores and estate sales, but they are often missing a few pieces.  In this case, that is a good thing!



Be sure to check back Thanksgiving evening for a great Black Friday/ Cyber Monday coupon for House Vintage on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment