Monday, September 10, 2012

Quilting

When a friend has a great idea, to collect meaningful pieces of fabric and put them together in a quilt for our mama-friend-to-be, you say yes!  Even when the question is can you take all this fabric and put it together into a quilt.


I like quilts.  I have two.  They are wonderful for napping under.  But I have never quilted before.  And it was important to make a quilt that was fresh and modern.  I needed some back-up.  So of course I headed to Pinterest.  There I found a great tutorial on how to make a Modern Square quilt.   Perfect!


It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but it is time consuming, especially on your first try.  So if you take on this project, give yourself plenty of time.  I also must admit that I had a secret weapon.  I happen to work with a woman who is a master quilter and she helped explain so many things to me.  I owe her a big thank you!


Happily I was able to finish it all by myself.  And I may even make another one in the future.  


If you have ever wanted to make a quilt, you should try it.  If I can do it, you can too!  And even if it is not perfect (which mine was far from) your friend will love it.  Because it came from your heart.


Home Stories A2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment