Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Schoolhouse Inspiration

Design*Sponge recently featured a collaboration between Yellow Owl Workshop and School House Electric of victory inspired vintage goods.  The Victory Regalia collection is a combo of classic and fresh, traditional and re-imagined.

Yellow Owl Workshop
As much as I loved this look, the price of $99 was out of my budget.  



However, I was able to create a similar look at a fraction of the cost.  I used a vintage high school letter that I found at a flea market for $1.  Using a zigzag stitch, I attached the letter to canvas duck cloth.  Then I sewed a pillow cover with a coordinating fabric.  If you don't sew, the same look could easily be created by using iron on adhesive to attach the letter to an existing pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment