Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bedroom Update

After years of sleeping on a full sized bed, we have finally upgraded to a queen.  Not only are we enjoying a few more inches of sleeping room, but also it was an excuse to get a new headboard.  The existing headboard was too it was time for an upgrade.  It was decided that something upholstered would be comfortable and economical, as we wouldn't have to spring for a whole new bed.  However, I was disappointed when searching for the right piece.  Everything was so expensive.  We considered DIYing a headboard, and upholstering it ourselves (like we did with our previous headboard).  But a trip to our local clearance center, saved us a lot of work.  We found an upholstered, tufted headboard that was the right size and scale.  I also like that if in the future I decide that I want something lighter or in a different pattern, I can easily sew a slip cover for this headboard!