Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vintage Pendant Light

Well folks, I violated my own thrifting rule.  I found the perfect vintage porcelain sign at a flea market, not once but twice, and didn't buy it.  And it is all I can think about!  I had the perfect place to put it and nothing I find now will ever compare to it.  This is a decorating tragedy. :)

But I suppose I need to move on, and focus on the positive.  And in this case, the positive is the vintage light I did buy.  I found an old metal barn light shade for $5.



It needed a little love, and a lot of spray paint.  I chose a smokey gray color in a high gloss.  I also bought a hanging light kit from IKEA for $3.99.


Here it is hanging in my living room.  I'm not sure it will stay there forever, but I'm very happy with my $9 investment.


  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I can relate to non-buyer's remorse! It's the pieces that got away tha haunt me.

    The best therapy is to upcycle a find that you did take home. Great job on the pendant lamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that has let some good ones get away.

      Delete