Friday, May 11, 2012

Steady as It Grows

Just wanted to give ya'll a little update on the garden.  It is growing like crazy! Here is a record of what is growing well, and the areas for improvement.




The Good:

  • The fence- It has worked perfectly for keeping the neighborhood cats from using the garden as their luxury litter box!
  • Herbs- Growing like gangbusters, pesto and mojitos for days.
  • Radishes and Beans- Doing well and almost ready for harvest.
  • Location- Great location in the yard, good access to irrigation and nice sun exposure.

The Bad:
  • Corn- I don't think there will be a corn crop this year.  The garden is probably too small for corn.
  • Cucumber- It is a vining plant, and it was positioned in the back of the garden to accommodate that.  However, it still is taking over a bit.
  • Size- It is a little small for all that was planted.

So there you have it.  The House Vintage crop is well underway!  Here is where it started....


And here it is now!

Now does anyone have any recipes to use up all this basil and mint?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by Royal Daughter Designs earlier today! I'm trying my hand at gardening this year too. I've thought about having a linky party for gardening (haven't found one yet) for all of us newbies to get some inspiration and help! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a great idea! As a novice gardener myself I am always looking for ideas. Let me know if I can help out.

      Delete