Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Confession

I have a confession to make.  And as a design blogger, I feel guilty saying this, but I really don't like decorating for the holidays.  I know...it is really bad!  I'm not sure what the origin of this issue is, but I have a feeling it has something to do with my birthday.  See, my birthday is just a few days after Christmas.  And as a result, these two holidays (well my birthday is a holiday at my house at least) often get clumped together. 

(Disclaimer: I realize that in the grand scheme of life and death, this is a very small problem.)

This time of year many blogs are filled with beautiful themed tress, fresh greenery, and gorgeous mantels, which I love to look at and enjoy.  However, this blog will be a little more low key.  But I will try to share the few small decorations I did put out.  I posted about how I took an old puzzle piece and turned it into an ornament here.  I didn't stop with just one.  I used the whole puzzle.


The graphic elements and punchy colors are festive without being overtly Christmas.


I hung them on a white tabletop tree that I purchase from a garage sale last year for $5.  


This little guy makes me smile, and is certainly cheery.  I guess sometimes it is the small things...

Hope you have a Happy Holiday....see you in 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment