Thursday, January 10, 2013

Book Review: The Handbuilt Home

My apologizes if this post is all over the place, as I am writing it while watching the DVR'd season finale of Million Dollar Decorators.  And all the drama is distracting!  Poor Lindsay Lohan...I'm afraid the least of her problems is her bedroom decor.



So I was obviously a very good girl because under my tree was this.... The Handbuilt Home by the amazing Ana White.

The book begins with a great resource section filled with definitions and descriptions of common carpentry things.  Tools, materials, and techniques are broken down and explained in an easy to understand way.


The remainder of the book is divided into spaces, like entryway, bedroom, and kitchen & bath.  For each space detailed plans are given along with a shopping list, needed tools, and a cutting list.  One of my favorite parts (it is all so good) is the furniture pieces built by readers.  If they can do it, so can I.

Overall, this is a great resource for DIY'ers of all skill levels.

Disclaimer:  I wasn't asked or paid to write this review.  Just wanted to share a great book with ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment